100 things to do while in self-isolation
As we all get used to the new normal of staying at home and keeping a social distance to stop the spread of coronavirus (aka COVID-19) - we thought we'd do our part to help encourage the indoor fun.
So if you're worried you'll run out of things to do or become bored, bookmark this page and you'll always have 100 self-isolation activities at your fingertips...
2. Organise your entire makeup collection with these DIY makeup storage ideas
4. Or finally try your hand at some nail art designs
5. Watch 'The Stranger' on Netflix (a British mystery thriller worthy of bingeing)
8. In fact, now is also a great time to consider longer-term treatments such as IPL. The SmoothSkin Bare Intense Pulsed Light Hair Removal Device is still available for delivery!
9. If you really must watch a pandemic movie, make it one of these
10. Missing live music? Watch Harry Styles' Tiny Desk Concert (or dive through the archives for the likes of Lizzo and Coldplay)
11. Get a little silly and learn some Tik Tok dances
12. Bake a cake
13. Bake some cookies
14. Bake a pie
15. Bake some sausage rolls (anxiety baking is a thing ok?!)
17. Introduce retinol into your routine
19. And while taking a look at your skin care, toss any expired beauty products
20. Do a puzzle
21. Read the entire Harry Potter series (again)
23. Try a colouring in book
24. Write a letter to a loved one
26. Or go back to your natural roots with the help of Colourless Max Effect
27. Then, with your at-home salon up and running, turn your talents to any unsuspecting males in the house... bh recommends: Restoria Express Men
28. Dust off your old copy of 'The Sims' computer game and re-live the glory days
29. Or embrace your modern day gamer with the self-isolation video games everyone's raving about
30. Host a pub quiz for your friends on the House Party app.
31. Host a 'murder mystery' evening for your friends on the House Party app.
32. Break out 'Monopoly'. You might actually finish a game of it for once
33. Make playdough for the kids
36. Commit to a daily cleansing brush routine and reap the rewards. bh recommends: LUMISKIN™ Ava 2 in 1 Sonic Beauty Device
37. And every once and a while, go all the way with an at-home facial
38. Watch your favourite beauty vloggers on Youtube
39. Donate or sell the clothes you no longer wear
40. Colour co-ordinate or seasonally organise your wardrobe
41. Wash your doona covers (because let's be real, we never do it)
42. Let your eyebrow hairs grow out and then use our brow shaping guide to finally get the style you want
44. And tint your lashes while you're at it
46. Write product reviews on beautyheaven!
48. Then slather on a beautifully scented body lotion or oil
49. Or coax someone into giving you a full body massage. bh recommends: Sensuva Me And You Massage Oil
51. Wake up early and watch the sun rise (cathartic AND less to no people around)
52. Go for a run, walk or hike somewhere quiet
53. Try an at-home fitness routine using a workout app
54. Learn how to meditate
55. Teach yourself the top 10 yoga poses for beginners
57. Indulge in an at-home hair treatment
58. Wean yourself off everyday hair washing (because FYI it's bad)
59. Try out some new hairstyles for autumn
60. Learn how to use a curling wand
61. Wipe down all your kitchen cupboards, inside and out
62. Re-arrange the living room
63. Give your indoor plants a shower
64. Clean your window blinds
65. Adopt a puppy
66. Train puppy
67. Teach puppy tricks
68. Watch 'Scrubs'
69. Learn all the lyrics to 'Bohemian Rhapsody'
70. Give yourself a foot peel and then watch in equal measures of horror and delight as you shed an entire layer. bh recommends: Milky Foot
71. Or just stick to a regular DIY pedicure
72. Try whitening your teeth at home
73. Make the switch to natural deodorant (it takes a bit to get used to...)
74. Sort through all the photos in your phone and delete all the unnecessary screenshots
75. Have your favourite photos printed and put into frames or albums
76. Commission a local illustrator/artist to draw your pet (to be gifted later...)
77. Learn how to nail winged eyeliner for your eye shape
78. Or try out these seven smokey eye techniques
79. Master the art of applying false lashes
80. Or try your luck with a lash and brow serum
81. Have a giggle at the 2020 memes - this year has been a lot
82. Write down your goals for the rest of the year (because it's not too late and there is light at the end of the tunnel)
83. Plan your travel for 2021
84. Have a backyard picnic
85. Try out dermal rolling
86. Or jade rolling
87. OR learn how to use a gua sha. bh recommends: Samson & Charlie Rose Quartz Gua Sha
88. Teach yourself to knit
89. Learn how to sew (buttons totally count)
90. Learn how to fold like Marie Kondo
91. Then use your new skill to reorganise your drawers
92. Take on the tupperware drawer. Anything without a lid, goes
94. Or create your own Easter eggs
95. Practice some date night makeup looks
96. Or go on a virtual date (because IT IS possible to date during coronavirus, you just have to adapt a little...)
97. Try out the scalp brushes everyone is raving about
98. Get your Dr Pimple Popper on with the best blackhead banishing products
99. Or simply leave your skin alone because 'skin fasting' might solve all your problems
100. And lastly, every time you miss something, write it down. This will then become your bucket list for when coronavirus is over. We'll get there.
Main image: @kaiagerber
Which of these suggestions is your favourite? How are you passing the time while social distancing?
Have you tried any of the products mentioned above?
Review them now to earn points that you can swap for free beauty products in RewardsRoom.