The best mani-pedi colour combos
There are two types of women in this world; those who wear a matching mani-pedi and those who don't.
Neither is right nor wrong, but there's something special about those bold and brave enough to pick not just one colour, but two.
Sally Hansen's Nail Expert, Alison Bowhill-Hayes, is a traditionalist herself who says 'nothing beats a pop of true red' on both the fingers and toes. However, if you're someone who likes to throw caution to the wind, and contrast between your mani and your pedi, we've prepared some tip top pairings for you to consider the next time you hit the salon...
(P.S. It's never too late for a matchy-matchy to switch sides.)
MANI-PEDI COMBO #1: NUDE + RED
A classic for a reason, this combination works for both the office and the playground. The angel and devil of combos if you will. And the perfect introduction to mis-matched mani-pedis if you'd prefer to be eased in.
- Rimmel London 60 Seconds Super Shine Nail Polish in Let's Get Nude & A Spritzzz
- CND Vinylux Weekly Polish in 'Powder My Nose' & Long-Wear Polish in 'First Love' (cndshop.com.au)
MANI-PEDI COMBO #2: PASTELS + MINIMAL
With spring just around the corner, pastels are set to rule once more, only this time it's all about the pedi. "Pretty, classic and creamy, [pastels] are the perfect compliment to a chic minimalist mani", says Alison. Think French tips with baby blue toes or nude nails with a millenial pink pedi. Fressssh.
- OPI in Natural Base Coat & Gelato On My Mind
- Revlon ColorStay™ Gel Envy™ Longwear Nail Enamel in Cha-Ching & Up In Charms
MANI-PEDI COMBO #3: OPPOSITES ATTRACT
If 'subtle' isn't your style, this pairing is anything but. "I'm loving brights right now and particularly, the yellow mani is my fave", says Alison. "I would pair this with a black pedi for total contrast." The same method works with most trending shades, eg. neon green and white.
- Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear Hard As Nails in Mellow Yellow & Black Out
- Color Club Nail Lacquer in Just Dew It ($15, glamaco.com.au) & Essie Nail Polish in Blanc ($14.95, Priceline)
MANI-PEDI COMBO #4: HOLIDAY HEROES
If you're heading on vacay, boy have we got the combo for you. "Holiday manis need to be low-maintenance, long-wearing, and versatile so it goes with various wardrobe choices.", says Alison. Nude is a no-brainer. For the pedi, it's time to party. "My go-to colour is coral", says Alison. "Get those toes on fire!" A mango shade will particularly make your spray-tan pop, or if you're a fair-skinned beach beauty, you might find your match in a hot pink.
- Sally Hansen Miracle Gel in Birthday Suit & Pretty Piggy
- OPI Infinite Shine in Baby, Take A Vow & Girl About Town
Do you pick different shades for your manicure and pedicure? Which shades do you pick for your manicure and pedicure?
Have you tried any of the products mentioned above?
Review them now to earn points that you can swap for free beauty products in RewardsRoom.